Rifle/Carbine 101 Lesson Plan & Course of Fire Mar 19, 2012 19:13:43 GMT -8
Post by Stan on Mar 19, 2012 19:13:43 GMT -8
Rifle/Carbine 101 Training Plan:
• 4 Weapons safety rules/safety brief
• Weapons condition of M-16/M-4/AR-15 type
• Mission of the rifle
• Nomenclature of the rifle (M-16/M-4/AR-15 type)
• Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
• Basic firing positions (standing, sitting, kneeling, and prone,)
• Loading/unloading with practical application
• Press checks with practical application
• Misfire procedures with practical application
• Magazine change with practical application
• Weapons maintenance: cleaning and lubricating
Courses of Fire and Training Objectives:
• Engage target from the prone position (doubles as zeroing)
• Engage target from the standing position
• Engage target from the sitting position
• Engage target from the supported and unsupported single and dual kneeling position
• Failure drills
• Engage and close with target
• Buddy reload drill
Gear list for Rifle/Carbine 101 & 202 Class:
• Reliable, proven magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle or carbine. Set up per your own defensive needs. All California DOJ rules apply. Rifle rentals available, please ask.
• Sling: 1, 2, or 3 point.
• At least three (3) magazines but more recommended.
• Cleaning kit and lubricant; if on a budget bring an empty bottle and I will donate some to you.
• Load bearing equipment: simply a belt with magazine pouches recommended for R/C 101. A chest rig or load bearing vest or plate carrier with magazine pouches recommended for R/C 202.
• Minimum 400 rounds of quality ammunition for RC 101 and another 400 for RC 202. Tracer rounds are prohibited. Factory reloads like Blackhills, Ammoman etc. are fine.
• Additionally for Rifle/Carbine 202: Service-type pistol, holster, magazines, belt, pistol magazine pouches and 50 rounds of ammunition.
• Bullet button tool plan (punch, nail, ultimate BB tool, etc.)
• Factory manual for your rifle, optics, etc. highly recommended.